WHAT IS SEO?
SEO is an acronym that stands for “Search Engine Optimization.” SEO is the process through which you improve various aspects of your website to boost its visibility for relevant searches. It involves improving the quality and quantity of the visitor traffic your website receives from search engines. Although there are many search engines, such as Baidu, Yandex, Yahoo, Bing, and DuckDuckGo, most search engine efforts focus on Google as it is the most popular engine. As of 2020, Google enjoyed a 92.54 percent market share, with second-place Microsoft Bing having a market share of 2.44%.
SEO depends on search engines that build an index of all the content available on the web by crawling websites using crawler bots. When a search engine user searches a specific phrase, the engine will refer to the index built by the crawler bot and provide the most useful and relevant results based on the search keyword phrase on the SERP, Search Engine Results Pages.
SEO can be divided into two broad categories which are:
• On-Page SEO
• Off-Page SEO
On-page SEO deals with optimizing the contents of web pages for both users and search engines and users. On-page SEO optimizes a website’s content, making it reader and search engine-friendly to achieve a higher rank in search engine results in specific phrases, which are known as keywords.
On-page SEO tasks include:
• Using keywords in the title tag.
• Using keywords in the meta description tag.
• Using keywords in the H1 tags.
• Using keywords in the page content
• Maintaining the required length of the content.
• Avoiding duplicate content.
• Using canonical tags.
• Performing image optimization
• Carrying out content updates.
• Having keyword in URL.
• Site factors, such as sitemap, domain trust, server location, and mobile optimization
Off-page SEO involves optimizing your website’s performance to rank higher in search results using methods that do not directly affect the website. Google looks at external factors, such as brand mentions and social media presence, which play an important role in the site’s performance.
Off-page SEO tasks include:
• Link building, such as the number of linking domains, number of linking pages, domain authority of linking pages, link relevancy, etc.
• Local SEO
• Domain factors, such as domain registration length, domain history, and country TLD extension.
• Social media
WHY SEO IS IMPORTANT TO YOUR BUSINESS?
SEO can help you improve your website’s rankings in search engine results.
Here are 10 of the biggest benefits you’ll enjoy by optimizing your website for search engines.
1. SEO brings in quality organic search traffic that, in most cases in the primary source of traffic for a website.
2. Through SEO, a website can build up its trust and credibility as a brand.
3. When SEO is improved, the user experience is also made better increase the possibility of the user revisiting the website.
4. When Local SEO is implemented correctly, a website will record increased engagement, traffic, and conversions
5. Good SEO strategies positively impact the purchasing cycle
6. By having a good understanding of SEO, you’ll understand how the online environment works.
7. Compared to other marketing strategies like PPC, pay per click, SEO is relatively cheap.
8. Unlike other marketing methods, SEO is quantifiable, and you can easily track the progress of your website.
9. As a long-term marketing strategy, SEO will bring forth new opportunities for a website.
10. SEO will help you climb the SERP rankings into page 1 when you are more likely to win clicks, traffics, and ultimately conversions.